The Sprout Pencil is the original plantable pencil, patented and guaranteed to be of the highest quality.
In place of an eraser the Sprout Pencil features a water soluble seed capsule and when it becomes too short to write with it can be planted.
All aspects of the Sprout pencil are sustainable and non-toxic – from the biodegradable seed capsule to the 100% natural clay and graphite core and PEFC/FSC-certified wood.
Once your pencil has become too short to use it is ready to plant:
- Gently push your pencil into a potted tub or soil, tip side up to make sure the green capsule is covered
- Make sure the pencil is planted at an angle so the plant can grow straight upwards
- After 1-2 days move the pencil stub to a different place
- This will give the seeds even better conditions for Sprouting
- Add plenty of water, sun and love
- It will sprout from 8-28 days depending on seed type